Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Crash & burn.

My computer crashed.  My hard drive crapped out.  And now I have a new one.

In other news:

We had our ultrasound this last Wednesday and it was pretty awesome.  Even though it's number three, and that whole holy-crap-I'm-going-to-be-a-mom feeling has worn off long ago, the ultrasound is a pretty amazing thing.

Yes, I've already seen two little ones flopping around in my belly before.  The first, we decided to not find out the gender.  And the second, we saw we were having a boy.  This time around we are happily settled on being surprised again.  I've done it both ways, and I will surely tell you that waiting until delivery day is one of the best surprises you can give yourself.

(Note: We do have the picture from the ultrasound with the gender sealed tightly in an envelope.  I believe it to be a boy because of how fast she determined the sex.  She looked for about .2 seconds and said she was done.  Therefore, I think she saw boy parts because they would have been easy to find.)

(Another note:  No.  I am not at all interested in peeking into the envelope.  The surprise is too good to cheat and look now.)

Currently, I am 20 weeks along and feeling pretty good.  I truly can't believe that I've made it to five months.  When I was so sick with morning sickness in the beginning, I thought my pregnancy might last 2 years because of how slow time went.  I'm not sure if I've said this before, but morning sickness feels like your worst hangover that never ends.  Your muscles ache.  The thought of most foods makes you want to yak.  And you just want to lay down, close your eyes, and pray you don't have to find a toilet in the next 5 minutes.  The only thing is, when you do get sick, it doesn't feel any better.  You feel just the same.  Ech.

This pregnancy is just as easy as my others have been, but with the added bonus of already having two little munches I have to take care off.  Although, working part-time has helped with that stress.  And, I already kind of knew what to expect because of having Emma when I was pregnant with Dean.  Although Dean is a whole different kind of kid.  He's getting to be so fun, but he finds everything he shouldn't, and makes a quick mess.  He's pretty great.

On another note, my oldest is growing up before my eyes.  I'll be taking her to college before I know it.  She had her first dentist appointment yesterday.  She was so good, and listened very intently to what the dentist had to say.  She left with a picture, a Disney toothbrush, a treasure chest toy, and a strong desire to brush her teeth!

As for me, I'm off to clean.  yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment