Saturday, May 14, 2011

up high. to the sky.

Raise your hand if you feel like all the time in the world has gone away, and us moms are left to pick up the pieces/clothes/diapers/trash/dishes/toys/socks/bibs/shoes/pacifiers/sippycups/dogpee/hairties.

And we need to do it as fast as we can. 

Because before we know it, it's 9:47 pm and the laundry you folded is still on your bed.  But you can't put it away because the kids are finally asleep and the last thing you are going to do is wake them up to put away some stupid folded jammas.  So then maybe they go back in the laundry basket.  And maybe they just sit there for 2 days while you go to work, pick the kids up, make dinner, give baths, read stories, clean up dinner, brush teeth, and put two little munchkins to bed.  Then, maybe the kids really need some clean underwear/socks/jammas and the only place they are is in that damn laundry basket.  And when you're digging through the clean, once-folded-but-now-wrinkly clothes to find your daughter her princess undies, maybe you curse.  Just a little.  Because you're so sick and tired of having something almost done, but just not finished.  And you're tired of digging through that basket for clean clothes because they really should just be in the kids' dressers by now.  But then you think back on how much time in the last 3 days you've had to put said clothes away, and you realize that the only time you really had was when you were sleeping.  Eh, priorities, schmriorities.

If you haven't noticed, I've been m.i.a.  To be more accurate, I've been at work.  I picked up muchos hours in April and am feeling the effects.  More money, yes please.  Less time to do what I need at home, no thank you.  It's definitely a juggling act, and it's a hard one.  I'm pretty sure I've got more than 3 things in the air any given minute.

On a brighter note, the hubs & I just celebrated FIVE YEARS married.  Isn't that insane?  I can't really say that I feel like we got married yesterday.  I mean, we've been through 2 houses & 2 kids in that time.  I'm pretty sure it's felt like 5 years.  But in a good way.  :)  I've got myself a good guy.  We celebrated by going to dinner sans kids & stuffing our faces until we couldn't move.  It was awesome.

So for now, that's what I got.  Totally worth the wait right?   Right?

Now to go find some extra time.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment