Thursday, May 19, 2011

you never know.

Today we cleaned out the playroom.

We have a small room upstairs.  It's hidden away.  It holds a massive amount of toys, my old play kitchen, and the easel my brother made for her.

This room holds every toy she's ever received.  True story.  I have never thrown one thing away because, well, we have the room for it, right?  Plus, I throw toys in there and never think about them again.  They are very much out of sight, out of mind.  So, after many weeks of telling her I would go up and clean her playroom, I finally did it.  While I was cleaning, she "cooked" me a meal of toast and peanut-butter-and-jelly-and-carrot-juice in her tiny play blender.  Then when I pretended to eat all of it, she told me I didn't finish.  Then when I finally finished to her satisfaction, she asked if she could make me more.  "Of course, Emma Kay, you can make me more."

She used a pizza cutter to peel the carrot before she put it in the blender.  She kept telling me she was "almost dun peewing the cowwot for the juice."  I like when I catch little moments like that.  Where I see her doing something the same way I do, where I realize that she is learning from me, even when I'm not teaching.  It fills me with a sense of pride. 

I must be doing something right.

The playroom was clean for about 5 minutes.  Deaners tore some stuff down already, and I'm pretty sure he ate something he wasn't supposed to.  Emma kept saying "Mama, look at this!"  "Mama, look what I found!"  After picking up the first layer of princess clothes and wands, we found some stuff we all forgot we had.  It was a big task and I'm glad it's over.

Now to take a nap.

Yeh, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment