Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Resolve.

I never had the chance to post my new years resolutions, so here goes.

1.  Simplify.  I've said this before, and I've been working on it.  I have been getting rid of stuff I don't need/use/want/wear and it's been easier to manage what I have.  The main idea with this first resolution is to not buy crap.  Yeh, I know.  You're thinking "Uh, Lauren, why would you buy crap?"  I buy things.  Like, things that might look cute some day on some wall in some room in my house.  And then I never put them up, or I decide on something else, or some other stupid excuse.  I buy it because I don't want to miss out on the chance to buy this really cute thing, but then it results in clutter and wasted money.

2.  Save money.  And this doesn't necessarily mean seeing my bank account balances go up.  It means not using my credit card.  Therefore not paying bajillin % interest on those purchases.  This also means not transferring money out of my savings.  So even though I might not be crediting my account, I'm not debiting either.  It's been 11 days, and I've already talked myself out of charging something 3 times.  It's going to be a challenge, but it was time for a change.  Hopefully a change that will add up.  (pun intended)

3.  Shut up.  I realized that I will tell you my opinion on something, anything, whether you asked for it or not.  You will say "My favorite movie is Twilight." and I will say "OMG mine too!  Isn't Edward hot?"  Or (and this happens more than the other) you will say "I love Grey's Anatomy!" and I will say "I think that's the worst show on television."  Nope.  You didn't ask.  We weren't having a conversation about which tv show we think is the worst.  I just jumped in and told you what I thought.  Rude.  I am so rude.  I only get one day a week where I actually get to conversate with adults, and that's what I do.  So, even if I have to wear duct tape on my mouth to shut me up, then so be it.  And that's what I think about that.

Eleven days down.  Three hundred fifty four days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment