Thursday, February 11, 2010

My First Baby

Emma turns 2 tomorrow! What? When did that happen? Wasn't I just pregnant with her?

It really is true when people say "It goes so fast." You hear it all the time when you're pregnant and baby is born. I tried to really listen and take every moment in. Then, all of the sudden, TWO YEARS have passed.

We took her for her 2 year check-up, and she's measuring fine...always has. She's built like her mama:

-85% for height
-75% for weight
-50% for head

She has been the best baby, toddler, child that any parent could ask for. She started sleeping through the night at 9 weeks. Twelve hours, all night, and ever since then - we've thanked our lucky stars. She breastfed. She wasn't collicy. She never had ear infections. She never cried for longer than 5 minutes.

Big milestone for her 2nd Birthday is potty training. We got her Hello Kitty big girl panties so she would want to wear them. She's not in them yet, but did have a successful moment at the potty today. We're giving her M & M's, and I think it's going to work. :)

So, I know that was a whole lot of braggin' on my baby, but I'm so proud of her. I can't even imagine where she will be in another 2 years, and 2 years after that....and I'm not sure I want to think that far out. I just want to enjoy these days, because they really do go way too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment