Wednesday, July 21, 2010

A new baby = A new mommy

So ever since we brought Baby Dean home, Emma has been nothing short of wonderful with him.  I thank my lucky stars every day for how well she is behaving.  She has not displayed one single act of jealousy towards him or us.  All she wants to do is help.  She is constantly saying "I'm gunna go check on baby brudder." or I'll find her climbing up next to him on the couch just to give him his pacifier.  Probably the sweetest thing is when we look back on them in the backseat of the car, and she's either holding his hand, giving him his pacifier, laying her teddy bear on him, or just lightly patting him on the belly.

Talk about a proud mama.  Yes, me.  Oh, and her too.  :)

She has this new thing where all she wants to do is take care of her teddy bear.  She is always being "mommy" to him.  Whether she is standing on her potty seat so she can reach the wipes to "change teddy burrs dayper" or laying him in the swing with a blanket to "make him filll butter", she is always up to something.  This morning I woke up, and the first thing she tells me is she needs to find the "temperature" so she can determine if teddy bear is sick or not.  She sticks the thermometer in his mouth and finally says "it's high mama, it's high".  Then she takes him to bed and covers him up.  When you walk into the room where teddy bear is sleeping, she "sshhh's" you.

I wonder what her first memory will be?  One of my strongest first memories is when my brother was born, and we went to see him and my mom in the hospital.  I remember bringing the car seat out and driving home with him.  I had just turned 3.  She's coming up on that quicker than I can even believe.  It's amazing to think that I will (and aparently already do) have such an influence on her life & memories she makes.  What a powerful, overwhelming and scary feeling.

Here is mommy #2 clipping baby doll's (she says "Bayup") fingernails.

No comments:

Post a Comment