Friday, September 10, 2010

Slow down baby. You're movin' too fast.

I have really started to find a rhythm the last couple of days.

Mornings:
We have breakfast, get dressed, brush our teeth & watch "tattoons".

Afternoons:
We run our errands.  Lunch.  Naps.  I clean.  Do some random house project.

Evenings:
Dinner.  Baths.  More "tattoons".  Hugs & kisses.  Bed.

11pm:
Collapse.

3:30am:
Bottle.

6:00 am:
Bottle.

Repeat.  Repeat.  Repeat.

Sounds boring, I know.  But it's really making it more enjoyable, this whole having-a-routine thing.  Most of the time, I know what's coming next.  Naps are becoming consistent & predictable.  Bottles are easy.  Cleaning always sucks, but that's how it goes.

And every now and then, I stop and really listen to what Emma is telling me, or how Baby D is looking to find me from my voice.  His smiles could cheer ANYONE up, I mean...anyone.  He has the craziest hair, and I'm so used to it.  But when we're out in public, we probably get 5 comments a trip about it.  [I imagine I will tell his future wife this story some day.]  Emma luvs, luvs, luvs her baby brother.  She kneals down to him, and says "hi! hi!" in this tiny, high-pitched voice to get him to smile.  She says "He likes it!".  She runs, I mean RUNS, to get him his pacifier if she hears him cry.  This makes me smile.

So, two weeks from today, I will have worked all day long & done none of this "routine".  I.am.not.looking.forward.to.it.

Granted, I only have to work 3 days a week, and only one of those days is long....but it will still be a difficult transition.  You can't really call it a routine if you have to change it every 4 days.

As for now, I'm going to go relax with a magazine in bed.  [All the while, I will be crossing my fingers that D gives me 6+ hours of sleep tonight.]

1 comment: