Monday, June 21, 2010

The same way twice.

When I had Emma, I obviously had no idea what to expect.  Plus, she was early...which really threw me.

In my mind, this labor is going to happen the same way it did with Emma.

Meaning:
It will be 3:45 am and I will get up to pee.  (Story of my life)  I'll lay back down, and my water will break.  I'll start timing contractions, and call my doctor.  I'll shower, get ready, and go to the hospital.  I'll be checked in.  I'll be given drugs.  After nine hours of labor, I'll have the baby.

However:
There is no way it will happen the same way twice.  What if my water doesn't break this time?  What if I'm at work?  What if I am in labor for 36 hours?  What if they need to do a c-section?  What if something is wrong with the baby?  What if, what if, what if???

But, I can't imagine it any other way. 

I think I'm in for a big awakening....and probably not from my water breaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment